LSF Online-Portal is the gateway to the current schedule of classes (Vorlesungsverzeichnis) at LMU Munich.
Important Tips & Tools
German universities are structured differently than in the US. LMU Munich is divided into 18 Schools (Fakultäten). These Fakultäten are divided into various chairs, professorships, institutes and departments, which in turn may be divided further so that there are even departments within departments. Unlike in the US, where you might simply go to the philosophy department to find philosophy courses, at a German university you may find courses scattered widely among the various divisions and sub-divisions of a Fakultät, and you may have to search each unit separately in order to find the course you are looking for. This may sound complicated at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it.
To help you navigate the LSF Online-Portal, here are some tools:
• From LMU Munich - Introduction to the LSF Online-Portal (PDF)
• Detailed information about how to use the LSF Online-Portal (PDF)
• Where do I find courses in my major at LMU Munich? (PDF)
• Vocabulary you will encounter when searching for courses (PDF)
Special Information for Students of . . .
• Business (including syllabi)
• Economics (including syllabi)
• Engineering at the Technische Universität München (TUM)
• Translation Studies